Thursday, August 12, 2010

This Song WANTS Me To Fight...

Sometimes you got to "...got to fight to make it right..." or so that is what the Finnish band Vanity Beach wants you to believe. Now, Vanity Beach is not the best band by any means, but if Pink can make Sean want to get into a fight, Vanity Beach's "Fight Through The Night" makes me want to dawn some body armor, strap some firepower onto my belt, and go down some pretty dark alleyways where most sane people wouldn't go down. Maybe even something for a Punisher movie's soundtrack.

Okay, so I'm dark and gothic by my music taste with such gritty industrial or dark music such as Depeche Mode, KMFDM, Gravity Kills, and so much others that I can probably give Hot Topic a year's worth of bands to add on to their playlists but that's not the lecture for tonight.


Instrumentally, Vanity Beach seems to utilize somethings that seem like a baseline from any Korn album, police sirens, microphone distortion, and a lot of repetition.  Lyrically, the music makes sense but doesn't have the talent of most bands that I'd consider amazing. Keep in mind Vanity Beach isn't a great band. But the build up in this song makes me want to kick some ass. But for a guy like me, kicking ass means playing Duke Nuke'm.

And if you don't believe me that Vanity Beach lacks talent... click here.






No comments:

Post a Comment