Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rare B-Sides, Mazzy Star, and Donovan's Colors.

And no, I'm not mixing things together. But Tift Merritt is. In fact, she's making up a mixtape; perhaps a mixed CD with her 2010 album, "See You On The Moon."

"Mixtape" is her hit single, at least by my standards, that I've heard on the local college radio station a couple dozen times and it made me aware of who this Tift Merritt is. Now, she references Mazzy Star; such a great band from yesteryear. That's one major point in my book. But does Miss Merrit stop there? No! She continues to reference her relationship with B-Sides and mixtapes.

We've all had those moments in our life where we are waiting for something to come forward and have meaning; kind of like... "Oh like a rare b-side." Oh, and her poetic use of such great words like "I’m just making you mixtapes with homemade covers. Analog to show we’re lovers." 

Cheers to Tift Merrit. You're now on my playlist and surely will be ending up on a mixtape sometime soon. Hopefully a mixtape that hits the dynamics that you sing about with your amazing song.


PS: I believe this a great way to show I do know a good happy love song, since most of my recent reviews have been about the bad side of love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment