Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Apathetically Ambitious.

I had a different song in my mind for today while I was up and about this morning. On the way to work, I heard another song and shrugged at it. Now tonight, with some apathy in my system, I kind of have the parts of Tom Petty's "Breakdown" floating in my mind but it's just not what I'm feeling all the way.

My friend, Colleen,  posted this on my Facebook a day or so ago...

Now, I love Depeche Mode. I love Chevelle. I love "It's No Good." How is it not possible to like the combination of all three of these things? I feel like Chevelle made this cover not just a cover but their own. I can relate to the emotions coming from the vocalist. And I'm not saying that David Gahan didn't do a good original with his vocals.

No comments:

Post a Comment