Monday, August 30, 2010

Not Alone At All...

As I write this blog, it will be the last post I make as a 25 year old. When I wake up, I'll be a year older. Apparently a year wiser and some other things should be changed. Maybe that feeling that I'm alone will be gone. Everyone wants to feel unique but I'm on the side of feeling alien sometimes. But you know, we all go there sometimes. And it's nice to find someone who understands you.

Finch understands that sentiment all too well with "What It Is To Burn." It's a song about empathy and having someone else understand your burden. Starting off with a screamo and emo opening, Finch sets the audial stage with a scream of "She burns." and follow it some heavy drums and instrumentals. It almost mixes love and pain together with the great chorus of, "Like a bad star, I'm falling faster down to her. She's the only one who knows what it is to burn."

Tune in tomorrow for the 26 songs that I will turn 26 with.

No comments:

Post a Comment