Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hoodwinked and The Dear Hunter.

So we're back after a 4 day fiesta. I got to hang out with Sean over the weekend since he was local. Well, a train ride away. Or two technically since there was a connection.

Anyway, I spent that ride with The Dear Hunter. Now, who is The Dear Hunter? Some members of The Red Eye of Soromon! Or... The Receiving End of Sirens. They are an amazing band as TREOS but now as The Dear Hunter, they get a great sound and energy to rock you in your seat.

Now let's dissect their lyrics for a song that is on their album, "Act II - The Meaning Of, & All Things Regarding Ms. Leading." Ok, let's take MISS LEADING. Say it with me. Remember, saying that as we look into the just some of lyrics. Ready? Set. Go! 

"Dear Ms. Leading I hate to tell you that I no longer need your services
A bitter fabricating manufacturer of lust
You have been presented as
It doesn’t do a thing for me, I now know your identity
A black widow who temps the gray with promises of love
If ignorance is bliss ,wish I was blissfully ignorant
But I'm not, I'm enlightened now light has been presented to me
In spite of..."

And... 

"Dear Ms. Leading in response to your response
I'm simply unavailable
I hope you got the message in the message that I sent
Shame on me for falling for someone so dense
In different times I’d might of played along to something warm, something with security
As fleeting as momentary rapture and the pleasure of collapsing in arms
So welcoming to others just like me."

Their wordplay is quite great. Miss Leading is such a misleading girl that clearly used the singer! Now he's finally freed from her lust. The song is really amazing! And so are the chorus and the refrains. Instrumentally, they are amazing. But then again, I like TREOS. 

Anyway, check out the tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment