Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's The Color Of Your Skin...

There's always this eerie chill of cosmic coldness that pierces my skin and makes me shiver when I hear this spacey riffs from The Catherine Wheel's song, "Black Metallic." Like I can have on my iTunes with Shuffle Mode on and not hear a single song in the background of what I am doing but the second the chords are started, I feel the coldness overcome inside me my insides vibrate with feeling and awareness.

The vocals of Rob Dickinson, as always, are nothing short of greatness. The song itself has been interpreted several times but the popular one seems to be that Rob is singing about someone who he is trying to emotionally connect to but to no avail. The black metallic part is either referencing a black shiny stone or a black car, hence the metallic part.

It's odd though, with the echoing of sound of the Catherine Wheel making me cold, I feel energized and alive during this song. And to think, when I was younger, I hated this song but I supposed I never understood it.

No comments:

Post a Comment