Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Seems like you've done this before?

This song doesn't have anything to do with a current situation that I may or may not be dealing with but a past one. That part is positive. Or it could just be a ruse I'm using. You'll never know because you're not inside my head... But what is really running in my head is this great track by Anberlin. I know this song has been around for quite some time and it's just getting better with time. "Breaking" is clearly the song about a guy who meets a girl who is just posing as the good girl to use the guy. It's the simple but apparent current modern day love story. It used to be the knight had to rescue the damsel in distress from a dragon/ogre/monster/evil step-sisters/midget but now the current trend is the knight in shining armor gets massacred by the facade of the damsel in distress. 





Such poetry in the lines like: 
Do you collect the souls you've lost
In the top of your dresser drawer
Count the number of tears displaced
On lonely bedroom floors
A machine where your heart once was
Slowly takes the place of you
Only hold the memories now
Of a love I thought I knew.
Also, the great use of instrumentals are like a pulse. The first part builds up with a piano  Such an epic song... 


No comments:

Post a Comment